Thursday, February 10, 2011

Feeling a bit down...

Can I be real for a minute? I've been so down on myself lately. Mostly as a mom, but also as a wife, daughter, employee, sister, friend...and the list goes on. Why is it that as moms we are constantly comparing ourselves to other moms? You want to know if you're child is getting the right food, the right care...are you giving them enough stimulation, too much stimulation? Should you take them to the doctor, give them medicine? Or forgo traditional medicine? Seriously, I've had about all I can take with constantly questioning my abilities as a mother. And I'm so.over.it. You know why? Because none of that matters. God does NOT want me to feel this way...the devil does. God wants only good for me and my family and I must remind myself of this daily.

So, today I figured I should write about this on my blog...in case there are any other mother's out there reading and thinking the same thing. You are all amazing mothers! Lincoln loves me, Lucas loves me and most importantly God loves me just the way I am and I can rest in that.

Thanks for letting me be honest and random for this post. I've read recently on other blogs that when you stop blogging it's probably because you are not feeling like yourself or a bit down...that's the truth. Here's to happier days and more blogging my friends!

"So don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34 (NIrV)

No comments:

Post a Comment